Those of us who were involved with Haiti on Jan. 12, 2010 will always remember 4:53 PM that afternoon. That’s the time when, for 35 seconds, the earth shook violently under Port Au Prince Haiti. Hundreds of thousands died on that day and shortly after and for literally millions of people, the world changed forever.
At 4:53 PM EST this afternoon, the exact moment that the earthquake happened, there will be a new page going up on the blog. 20 of the families directly impacted by the earthquake have graciously agreed to share their stories with us. Through pictures, video and written words, they have opened up their hearts and their homes to give us an insight into what they were thinking and feeling and how the earthquake impacted their family and their lives.
The stories, along with video of the evacuation of the kids that were coming to the United States, are all set up on the page so that you can watch/listen/read one at a time. Hopefully that will make it easier to read them and faster to load for you.
The page will be at http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/parentslookback/ but keep in mind it won’t be live until 4:53 PM EST today. Or if you go to http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/ there will be a link to it there.
Can you join us in a couple of things today?
- Pray for the children at GLA who are still waiting for the blessing of adoptive parents who can help them grow and thrive like the children in these stories have.
- Pray for the people of Haiti and those in authority who can impact the adoption laws and make it easier for us to find families for our children. Pray also that policies would be put in place to encourage economic growth in Haiti.
- Celebrate the good things that God has accomplished throughout the last two years.
- Grieve the losses and trauma that so many have been through.
- Help GLA in their ongoing efforts to help the children of Haiti. The need has changed in 2 years but it hasn’t gone away.
Thank you for reading, thank you for praying and thank you for supporting our Angels.
Oh, and if the reflections don’t load very quickly, please be patient. There is a lot of traffic to the blog today.
Manager of Partner Relations
at God’s Littlest Angels Orphanage
Office: (616) 884-8901
Mobile: (616) 292-7559
Posted on Thu, January 12, 2012