Goals and Rules for the Amazing Diaper Race
What are we hoping to accomplish in the Amazing Diaper Race?
- Help GLA by getting a LOT of diapers donated so that they (we) don't have to buy them.
- Fill the container that is going down to Haiti from Michigan with 500 boxes of diapers - current count is just over 470 boxes to go yet.
- Get kids of all ages involved in helping the little kids at God's Littlest Angels.
- Have fun and hopefully generate some additional exposure for GLA and what we're doing.
Are there any rules in the race?
- Sign ups begin on February 1 and will run through February 10.
- The "Race" will begin with the first mission on February 15 and will finish on March 29. 6 missions, 6 weeks.
- A minimum of 4 teams will be needed for this to happen. A maximum of 20 teams will be allowed to take part in the race. Teams can range in size from 4 people up to a maximum of 20 people. Calculating who wins each mission will be on a diapers per person basis. So, a 20 person team will be expected to generate 5 times as many diapers as a four person team.
- Each team will get their mission by e-mail on Saturday. The missions will also be posted on the blog on Monday - so the supporters can watch the progress and know what is happening.
- By midnight on the following Friday (midnight EST), each team will be required to submit evidence that they have completed the mission. The team that generates the most diaper donations during that week will win one point.
- The team with the most points at the end of the 6 weeks (so a maximum of 6 points in total) will win GLA T-shirts for all of the team members.
- Tie breakers will be calculated based on the entire amount of diapers raised over the course of the 6 week race. In other words, two team each win 2 points, but team #2 collected 2 more diapers than team #1, team #2 wins.
The fine print:
- There will be no instant replays or challenges allowed contrary to the rules in the NFL.
- Each team and each team member agree that any videos, photos or written information along with first names can and most likely will be shared on the GLA blog and also on the GLA Facebook page and the "Amazing Diaper Race" Facebook page.
Posted on Fri, January 31, 2014
by Tom Vanderwell filed under