yes, I have been missing in action! John even asked me today if I had given up on blogging altogether or what?
No, I have not given up blogging and will try to catch up on giving you the news from GLA. It has been really quiet lately. We have had a lot of visitors and teams here and been busy, but the kids have all been doing fairly well.
Here are some things things that have been happening this last week or so.
1. We sent our first finished dossier to the US Consulate for a visa this week! This took less than one year from the time it entered into IBESR to the time we received the passport. That is such an improvement over pre-earthquake timelines for the completion of an adoption! We also have several dossiers in Haitian passport stage waiting for their passports to be issued. It seems like several of them finished at the same time!
2. I sent out two new proposals today. More families are completing their dossiers and sending them into GLA. It is so good to see Fed Ex and DHL couriers coming to our gate again with new dossiers from adoptive families.
3. Another community house is finished and the family is so happy! I will be getting a photo of the family in the house soon.
4. Lots of rain has been falling since Hurricane Irene passed by. Over the weekend, we received 6 inches of rain! That is a lot of rain in two days.
5. Because it takes some time to get gifts to Haiti for Christmas, I already have people collecting things to send to the children! I do not even want to think about Christmas! Time seems to fly so fast already without looking ahead to Christmas. LOL
6. I leave for the States on September 11. I will be gone for 2 1/2 weeks. Then on October 23, I leave for a 3 1/2 week trip to Canada to visit churches, organizations, and families. The plan is that after I finish in Canada, I will be traveling to the Netherlands for a fundraiser. I will know more about the Netherlands fundraiser closer to the date.
I will try to be better about writing more often. But even if I don’t write, you can know that….Life in Haiti Goes On!
Posted on Tue, August 30, 2011