Tom here with some updates for you:
- When I talked with Dixie this afternoon, she said that Sonia's condition was more stable and she was breathing better on oxygen today. So that's an answer to a lot of prayers and we all thank you for that.
- I told you this morning that we were making progress in the states by "inches and not by feet." Well, I'm happy to say that this afternoon, on a number of fronts, progress is starting to be made by feet! Keep up the prayers, they are working! Do we have a firm commitment from one hospital yet? Nope, not yet. But there are a lot of top quality and incredibly caring people working on it and we're getting closer, significantly closer than we were at this point yesterday.
- Dixie said that we got the good news that the biological father has ID and is willing to work with us to get the passport. This is a huge answer to prayer.
- Dixie wrote about a new baby that they are getting in tonight who is 6 weeks old and weighs 3 lbs.
So what can you do now? A couple of specific prayer requests for you:
- Pray that Sonia's condition remains stable and improves enough so that she can handle the trip to the states for treatment.
- Pray that Dixie and Susan will have the physical and emotional strength they need to provide the care that the children at GLA need.
- Pray that one of the groups of medical professionals who are evaluating Sonia's case will be moved to say, "Yes" and that the details will fall into place with that.
- Pray that the organizations we are talking to about transportation details (no small undertaking with a sick infant) will also agree and that things will fall into place.
- Pray that Sonia's biological father will continue to be cooperative regarding getting the passport and that the passport and visa issues will be resolved quickly.
- Pray that the new baby that we're getting tonight will 1) survive the trip from Cazale to GLA and 2) recover from the challenges and reach the potential that God has planned.
A lot going on and it's obvious that God is moving in so many ways. Give thanks for that and keep asking Him for wisdom, good health and the ability to care for these little angels the way that we should.
Thanks for praying.....
Posted on Tue, January 25, 2011