Praying for the Angels - March 1, 2011
As I mentioned yesterday, due to Lovely and her going home to be with her Father, the rest of the prayer line would wait a bit. So, here goes:
Prayers of Thanks:
- Give thanks that Fred's injuries in the accident were not more serious than they were.
- Give thanks that the new kids at the Toddler House are making the physical and emotional adjustments to their new home in many ways better than anticipated.
- Give thanks that Susan Westwood is back caring for the kids at GLA and that, from what I've heard, her time away was restful and enriching (my words - not hers).
- Give thanks for all of the people who have been praying for our staff in Haiti as they've dealt with the trauma of the accident and the sadness of losing Lovely in the past week.
- Give thanks that God and the efforts of so many of His people have opened up the door for Sonia to travel to Miami for the heart surgery she needs. Give thanks for the medical professionals at Miami Children's Hospital who are so selflessly donating their time and facilities for Sonia.
- Give thanks that God put the right people at the right place so that medical care was available for Fred as quickly and expertly as it was.
- Give thanks that Fred and his family were able to see some benefits to having their flight home delayed by a few days. Go to There's a Reason to read why.
- Give thanks that God is continuing to lay it on people's hearts to sponsor a child (or more) and make a difference in those lives.
- Be with Sony as he makes his adjustments to life at GLA. Read what Dixie wrote about him at The Kids.
- Be in prayer for the countless families literally all over the world who are contemplating adopting one or more of God's Littlest Angels. Pray that God will give them wisdom, patience, clarity, trust in God and a true feeling of God's presence in all of their thoughts, discussions and planning.
- Be in prayer for Sonia - that her health would remain stable, that her visa appointment will be soon and that travel arrangements will fall into place smoothly.
- Be in prayer for the Haitian elections - may they go smoothly, peacefully, be fair, give the people of Haiti a voice in their future and may the end result be a government that is good for the people of Haiti.
- Be in prayer that after the new government is in place, God would lead and guide the government to put in place adoption guidelines that would be more family and children friendly than the current laws are.
- Be in prayer for Ken - pray that his medical visa appointment will also be soon and that there would be no issues for him to travel to his host family and begin receiving the medical care that he needs and can't get in Haiti.
- Be in prayer that the kids that God is leading to our doors would arrive before they get seriously ill so that they can experience a life lived to its full potential.
- Be in prayer that our staff would have the emotional energy to live and work in an environment that is "so close to death" as Holli so aptly put it.
- Be in prayer that the plans for the 2nd Annual GLA Reunion will fall into place well for this summer.
- Be in prayer that the efforts of many to help the kids of GLA deal with the trauma that they have experienced will come to fruition and lives will be changed and blessed.
- Be in prayer that the generosity of so many will continue as the needs of the children in Haiti continue to grow.
I was talking to a lady this afternoon about everything that is going on at GLA and in Haiti right now and I think she summed it up quite well when she said, "The needs are great......but our God is greater!"
Give God thanks for being greater than even the situation in Haiti and ask Him to hold the least of the least in the palm of His hand.
Thank you for praying, thank you for caring and thank you for supporting our efforts to help the kids,
Posted on Tue, March 1, 2011