I wanted to share a short update with you.
1. Thank you to everyone who has sent in donations to help with the general fund. I knew that if I told you our need, you would respond!
2. A newsletter is on it’s way to all of our mail list subscribers. Watch for yours! In trying to cut down on costs, we are offering an email newsletter now. If you would like to receive your newsletter by email rather than snail mail, send your name, address, and email address to Melinda at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will add you to our email list. You will receive the newsletter at the same time as those that receive the newsletter in the mail.
3. The dispensations are still sitting at the Ministry of Justice. We keep asking the lawyer to check for them and she tells us they are signed at the Dispensation office but are now waiting for Justice to prepare them to send to IBESR. I am getting just a little frustrated with how slow the government is right now!
4. Frantina, our baby in the Dominican, will see the doctor on the 10th and will have surgery to relieve the pressure on her spinal cord on the 11th. Pray for her.
5. Pray for Vivianne, Katie, and Tim who are in the Dominican with Frantina. It isn’t as easy as it sounds going to the hospital every day and sitting in an apartment with a fussy little girl!
6. Pray for my son, Mark, who was injured in a basketball game two weeks ago at his school and is now in a cast! He injured the tendons in his right ankle and will require a cast for at least 3 weeks and cannot play basketball for a month. He is not very happy about it all!
7. We are trying to get a container ready to send to Haiti in June/July. We have some food sitting in our warehouse in Colorado Springs and need to get it and other supplies to Haiti. We do not have enough to fill a container, so please go to http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/needed-donations/ and see if there are any items on that list that you might be able to send to our Colorado Office to help fill the container for Haiti.
8. Check out the Kidz Korner blog at http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/kidzkorner/2012/04/better-than-before/ and see the wonderful computer center that the Toddler House children now have for their classes! Thanks to a generous donation from Walter Cain and lots of hard physical labor from volunteers and team, the Computer Center is now open! Big thanks to everyone involved in making this dream a reality!
9. John Bickel is in the States and went to see the doctor for his ankle. We were concerned because his ankle was not looking very good at the same place that they had taken off the cancer. But the doctor says it is only scar tissue and nothing to worry about! HURRAY!! He will be home on Tuesday the 10th.
10. Some of our staff, volunteers,a group of youth from Pastor Brandon’s church here in Thomassin, and a team of youth from Alberta, Canada are working outside the town of Mirebalais helping Pastor Nahum today. They will be painting, presenting several skits for the children, and just fellowshipping with the school children and children in the orphanage. GLA has been taking some teams out to help Pastor Nahum about once a month. He has a good work but very little help. We are trying to help what little we can. The Church of Bible Understanding donated 60 cases of food for us to take to Pastor Nahum. What a wonderful gift!
God is every faithful and so good to us. It is very humbling to know that with all of the people in this world, God knows GLA and is blessing us and our work daily. We thank everyone who prays for the children and staff at GLA. Your prayers are being heard!
And Life in Haiti Goes On…
Posted on Thu, April 5, 2012