Update on Jerrensia
Hi, Tom here. I’ve been asked by some of the people involved in working on the medical visa for Jerrensia to post an update on the status of things since Friday. Here’s what I know:
- It appears that there was some honest confusion going on which caused the events of last Friday to happen. Who knew what? I don’t really know and it doesn’t really matter.
- The confusion has been cleared up and those involved are now taking the steps that it appears will lead to an approved visa from the Consulate.
So I ask that you do a couple of things:
- Refrain from contacting your congressmen and Senators (and spreading the word on Facebook etc.) about Jerrensia as it appears that we’ve got that portion of the issue resolved. I say “we” but it’s not me, I claim no part or credit in that.
- Join me in prayer that the pieces would all fall into place and do so quickly so that Jerrensia can get the medical care that’s waiting for her in the states.
- Be thankful that there are so many people out there who have the desire to make a difference in the lives of innocent young children and be grateful that there are government officials out there who really care about not only doing the paperwork right but also about caring for the kids.
And stay tuned because any of you who have been involved with Haiti for any length of time know that there are always going to be “bumps in the road.”
Thank you, honestly, deeply and sincerely, thank you for your help on behalf of the kids.
Posted on Tue, November 23, 2010